Wednesday, May 7, 2008

THINGS YOU DON'T HEAR ANYMORE

Be sure to refill the ice trays, we're going to have company after while.

Watch for the mailman, I want to get this letter to Aunt Mary in the mail today.

Quit slamming that screen door. Either stay in, or out!

Be sure and shut the windows when you leave, it looks like it might rain.



Don't forget to wind the clock before you go to bed.

Wash your feet before you go to bed, they're dirty from you playing outside all day barefooted.



Why can't you remember to roll up your pant legs? Getting them caught in the bicycle chain all the time is tearing them up.

You have torn the knees out of that pair of pants so many times there isn't anything left to put a patch on.



Don't you go outside with your good school clothes on!

Go comb your hair; it looks like the rats have nested in it all night.

Be sure and pour the cream off the top of the milk when you open that new bottle.

Take that empty bottle to the store with you so you won't have to pay a deposit on another one.



Put a dish towel over the cake to keep the flies off of it.

Quit jumping up and down on the floor! I have a cake in the oven!

Let me know when the Fuller Brush man comes by, I need to get a few things from him.

You boys stay close by, the car may not start and I'll need you to help push it.



There's a dollar in my purse, get 5 gallons of gas while you're in town.

Open the back door and see if we can get a breeze through here, it getting pretty warm.



You can walk to the store; the exercise will do you good.

Don't sit too close to that TV. It's hard on your eyes.



If you pull that stunt again, boy, I'm going to wear you out!

Don't lose that button; I'll sew it back on after while.



Wash good under your neck before you come to the table, you've got dirt all under there.

Stay out from under that sewing machine; pumping it messes up my thread!

Be sure and fill the lamps today so we don't have to do it tonight in the dark.



Here, take this old magazine to the toilet with you, we're almost out of paper out there.

Go out to the well and draw a bucket of water so I can wash these dishes.

Don't turn that radio on now, I want the battery to be up when the Grand Ole Opry comes on.



No, I don't have a dime for you to blow on a movie show. Do you think money grows on trees?

Eat those vegetables, they'll make you big and strong like your dad.

No, that dog is NOT coming in this house! If he gets cold he can go under the porch.



Sit still! I'm trying to cut your hair! You're squirming around like you've got ants in your pants.

Hush your mouth! If I hear one more word like that! I'm going to wash your mouth out with soap!

You probably just need your system cleaned out. Before you go to bed tonight, I'm going to give you a dose of castor oil.

If you get a spanking in school and I find out about it, you're going to get another one when you get home.



Quit crossing your eyes like that! Do you want them to get stuck that way?

We'll soak that foot in a pan of coal oil so the cut won't get infected.

Don't forget, when you take your driver's test today, arm straight out for a left turn; bent up at the elbow for a right turn; and straight down when you're going to stop.



It is: "Yes Ma'am!" and "No Ma'am!" when speaking to me, young man, and don't you ever forget it!

No comments: